Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo

A college professor whose planned course on creationism and intelligent design was canceled after he derided Christian conservatives said he was beaten by two men along a rural road early Monday. University of Kansas religious studies professor Paul Mirecki said the men referred to the class when they beat him on the head, shoulders and back [...] (Yahoo! News)

That'll show him the love of Christ (not).

This guy may be making the entire thing up. (He already has quite the dislike for "fundies".) But if it did happen, I wouldn't be surprised. Too many Christians think they have to "win" in a worldly way. According to them the battle must be won in the courts, in politics, in public opinion and in wars between nations or all will be lost. Fortunately for us, they're wrong.

But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ [...] (Philippians 3 )

Gain Christ, my friends, don't worry about the rest.

2 comments:

yenn said...

There is speculation that his claims are false

http://media.ljworld.com/pdf/2005/12/10/mirecki.pdf

Bruce Geerdes said...

Yes.

Mirecki's press release is interesting. He seems to think that since his "career has been ruined" and "speaking engagements [...] have now been cancelled" that his First Amendment rights are being denied. I disagree. They seem to be alive and well as seen by the fact that he's issuing press releases.